Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce Membership & Event Coordinator Job Opening
The Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce
Membership & Events Coordinator
The Membership and Events Coordinator is an employee of The Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce and reports to the Executive Director of the Chamber. The position is responsible for coordinating all Chamber events along with membership recruitment, sales and retention.
The position averages 40 hours per week.
This position supports the Chamber’s mission and vision which includes the following primary functions:
· Coordinate & attend all aspects of the Chamber’s Annual Events
o Let’s Lebanon a Community Affair (March)
o Annual Chamber Golf Outing (May)
o 3rd Friday on Mulberry St. Concert Series (June-Sept.)
o Annual Chamber Awards Dinner (September)
o Horse Drawn Carriage Parade & Festival (December)
· Coordinate & attend Monthly Chamber Networking Events and other Chamber events as they are developed.
· Help secure sponsorships for Chamber events.
· Manage all aspects of event production including but not limited to: site selection, contracts,
vendors, permits, set-up/teardown, volunteers, and onsite coordination.
· Help develop & manage event budgets. Meet or exceed established financial goals for all events.
· Produces invitations, thank you letters or other correspondence from the Chamber to members, sponsors and volunteers who support chamber events.
· Work with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator to develop marketing strategies,
advertising promotions, printed materials, marketing collateral and publicity pieces that will
effectively promote events to various audiences.
· Promote the benefits of the Chamber and sell new memberships throughout the community
· Communicate regularly with members to ensure satisfaction with their membership.
· Input new members into QuickBooks, Website, Constant Contacts and follow up by phone and email for welcome email and ribbon cutting support.
· Work with bookkeeping staff to ensure accurate and timely member billing, event invoices, ect. are correct.
· Maintain Chamber Social Media pages. Create event on Facebook and promote through a series of posts and sponsored posts. Welcome new members and share and like our members’ events.
· Create bi-weekly membership news email in Constant Contact. Create regular Constant Contact marketing emails and update the contacts list.
· Maintain membership materials including letter of welcome, chamber events calendar list and membership application. Mail materials to new members and new businesses and follow up on leads in person or over the phone.
· Ensure all new members’ profiles are inputted correctly into the Membership Directory in a timely fashion and follow up for missing information.
· Update the membership discounts online and reach out to members and encourage participation.
· Make calls to members who are 30 days past due on membership payments. Visit members who are 60 days past due on membership payments
· Serve as staff liaison to the Chamber Ambassadors
· Other duties as assigned.
· A 4-year degree or equivalent work experience.
· Outstanding interpersonal and team building skills. Must be customer service focused & professional.
· High level of creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
· A demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
· Must work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Ability to perform multilevel tasks, troubleshoot, be flexible, think quickly and react decisively.
· Well-developed written, oral and social media communication skills; including speaking to large groups.
· Must be dependable, reliable and responsive to members, prospective members & others.
· Technology Skills: Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Publisher, Social Media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, ect). Ability to learn new technology and software applications. Database and website experience desirable.
· Experience with Constant Contact, Google Docs, graphics programs, and QuickBooks a plus
· Ability to utilize Social Media for the benefit and promotion of our members.
· Strong organization skills; resourceful and proactive; energetic and self-starter.
· Flexible schedule; able to attend evening and morning events.
· To hold all confidential information in trust and strict confidence and agree to only use for the purposes required to fulfill employment obligations.
Salary: Commensurate with experience/qualifications.
The Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability status of otherwise qualified individuals. The Chamber of Commerce does not discriminate based on membership or application for membership in the uniformed services.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com