2017 Summer Enrichment Camps
By Warren County Educational Service Center
Grade Levels: Grades 5-12
When: Various dates in June, July, & August
Where: Various locations, includes Sinclair Courseview Campus, Mount St. Joseph University Campus, Wilmington College Campus, Home Depot in Lebanon, West Chester Hospital, and Warren County Educational Service Center.
Contact: Amy Kistler at (513)695-2900 ext. 2902 or email@example.com
Warren County ESC Offering Summer Enrichment Camps
Who says that summer camps cannot be fun and educational at the same time?
Warren County Educational Service Center is offering its fifth annual summer enrichment camps for Warren County and surrounding area students ranging in grades 5th – 12th. The summer enrichment camps are made possible through partnerships with universities and businesses offering interest areas such as science, technology, engineering, and math fields.
Over 180 students participated in last summer’s enrichment camps. The majority of the camps are back again this summer. 2017 Warren County Educational Service Center Summer Enrichment Camps feature:
- THE HOME DEPOT CONSTRUCTION CAMP, $80 | June 5 - 8, 2017 or July 17 - 20, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. | Grades 6th – 8th. What is better than building something with your own two hands and being able to give back to the community at the same time? This four-day camp includes instruction from experts in the construction industry including: an introduction to hand tools, measuring & cutting, framing, painting & finishing. Using the tools they will receive just for participating in Construction Camp, students will build their own tool box. They will also be building a garden table and picnic table that will be donated to WCESC Adult Connections Program.
- SINCLAIR GUITAR BUILDING CAMP, $130 | June 5 - 8, 2017 | 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. | Grades 7th – 12th. Ever wondered how a guitar is made? Students will build from a kit and keep their very own electric guitar, learning along the way how everyday math and science concepts apply to building the guitar. Students will also receive playing instructions, and will perform together at the end of the week. *Enrollment fee covers the cost of a customized guitar that is yours at the end of the week.
- SINCLAIR RASPBERRY PI CAMP, $190 | June 12 - 16, 2017 or July 17 - 21, 2017 | 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Grades 7th – 12th. Have you ever wanted to build your own mini arcade cabinet? Now you can! The only camp of its kind in Southwest Ohio. Students will build and bring home a mini arcade cabinet, called a Cupcade, to play retro computer games. This arcade is based off of the single-board computer, the Raspberry Pi. Students will learn how to solder their own microcontrollers for the buttons and joystick and then install the Linux Cupcade operating system.
- SINCLAIR WATERBOTICS STEM CAMP, $135 | June 19th - 23rd | 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. | Grades 7th - 12th. Ever wanted to build a robot for the water? Students will have fun learning math, science, and technology skills by designing and building aquatic LEGO robots and solving four design challenges.
- MOUNT ST. JOSEPH UNIVERSITY WISE CAMP, $299 | June 25 - 28, 2017 | Overnight Camp | Female Sophomores & Juniors. Women In Science Experience (WISE) purpose is to give young women with a strong interest in science an opportunity to participate in science-based activities under the guidance of college professors. The goal is to provide support and encouragement to inspire these young women to continue to pursue their passion for science and learn more about a wide variety of careers in the field of science.
- SINCLAIR WISTEM CAMP, $110 | June 26 - 30, 2017 | 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. | Female Freshman - Seniors. WiSTEM (Women in Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math) Camp will explore environmental issues related to science by immersion in biology, physics, & chemistry through hands-on FUN activities and a field trip to the Cincinnati Zoo. Each day students will cover a different branch of science to gain a better understanding of skills needed to work in science & engineering careers.
- WILMINGTON COLLEGE A.C.C.E.S.S. CAMP, $175| July 5 - 7, 2017 | Overnight Camp | Sophomores & Juniors. Wilmington College is offering Academic College Classroom Experience for Student Success (A.C.C.E.S.S.) Camp. Current high school sophomores and juniors will have the opportunity to not only gain college preparatory skills, but also immerse themselves in a real college experience. Students will gain a valuable insight towards success and opportunities.
- LEGO® MINDSTORM® CAMP, $125 | July 10 - 14, 2017| 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. | Grades 5th – 7th. Students will work to solve problems through feedback provided by attaching motor, light, ultrasonic, and color sensors to make the robot have specific reactions. The camp will be using the LEGO® NXT-G programming software to make everything work together. Each student will have the opportunity to use a variety of team building, robot, and programming skills.
- TECH CAMP, $80 | July 10 - 14, 2017| 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. | Grades 6th - 8th.
Ever wanted to create and design your own video game? Campers will receive an introduction to all things tech. Campers will learn about graphic design, producing & editing videos and images, and developing 2D video games.
- CINCINNATI STATE EXPLORING HEALTHCARE CAMP, $55 | August 7 – 10, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. | Grades 9th - 12th. Students interested in the healthcare career field will participate in a robust job shadowing experience. Campers will be introduced to healthcare career programs by exposing them to different career fields through instructor led lectures, engagement activities, and skill enhancement workshops.
You can view all of the Warren County Educational Service Center’s Summer Enrichment Camps or register on their website www.warrencountyesc.com .